We believe that physical activity
is critical to a healthy and enjoyable life. Our goal at
My Playground is to serve children and adults with programs designed
to promote motor skills development and self-confidence.
Young children learn best through fun and play. Older children and adults
learn best through excellent instruction and successful
mastery of physical movement. At My Playground, our talented
staff will help you and your child to experience your bodies as
both strong and capable. We are committed to your enjoyment
My Playground offers active movement
and gymnastics classes for children and adults.
(ages 1 – 3*)
- Fun and safe activities in a playful, self-paced, relaxed,
inviting, engaging and nurturing environment.
- Developmentally-appropriate movement experiences optimized
for brain and motor development.
- New concepts introduced like colors, opposites, numbers
and letters through physical activities.
- Unstructured and structured activity centers, equipment
and exercise areas.
- Opportunities to roll, run, jump, toss, catch, climb,
spin, laugh, giggle, hide & seek, blow, sing, pretend,
walk, dance, tumble, chase, tickle, bounce, kick, crawl,
creep, slide and stretch.
- Activity centers that include hoops, a slide, places
to bounce, building blocks, rings, large and small balls,
tunnels, scarves, obstacle course, bins to fill and empty,
Brain Gym activities including cross-lateral movements,
a large parachute and lots of room to run with a great
- Parent ‘tidbits’ on gross motor and brain
development ages 1 – 5.
- 3-year olds are introduced to basic gymnastics skills
and learning to follow directions along with free exploration
and fun (*parent participation as needed).
Please see our ‘Class Schedule…’
page for more details on class content.
- A comprehensive gymnastics class series.
- Children work on body positions, stretches, strength,
balance, flexibility, floor, bar, vault, beam, rings and
- Curriculum and instruction follow the USA Gymnastics
Levels 1 - 4 and USAG Safety Guidelines.
- Goals include: To have fun, practice with new friends,
learn to share, follow directions, comprehend and master
skills, gain body awareness and self-esteem through gymnastics
- Children are encouraged to do their ‘personal
best’ each and every time.
look forward to seeing you and
your child having fun at My Playground!